In which sectors is change being driven that is increasing quality of life?
What is wellbeing?
The term wellbeing is ambiguous as the word ‘holistic’ used to be – fundamentally, wellbeing is about feeling better – not only physically but through conscience, connection and values alignment.
Working from home;
– Deloitte – stay at home forever
– Lloyds Bank – – from October, choose where to work
Three key issues exist;
2) Tech disparity
Seven Elements of Trust – Brené Brown
B R A V I N G
Vault – confidentiality
Non – judgement
Innovation – in response to the landscape
GB news ?!
Insights and Takeaways
– $54 billion invested in bonds Jan-May 2021 Vs $68 billion for all of 2020
– a clear trend in ESG growth
– “ESG momentum is everywhere … it is no surprise we are seeing fund launches coming through” Colin Purdie Chief investment officer Aviva Investors
Entrepreneurs and VCs
– Tiger Global management – NY based
– IRR 26% per annum – twice that of comparable funds
– Gut feel, trust, more generous terms
– driving a shift in balance between the ‘power’ of investors and entrepreneurs and forcing all VCs to behave better
– Employees have the upper hand
– In hospitality – Reed Global report salaries in UK hospitality are up 18% against April – June last year and pay in retail up 10% in the same period
– Is it transitory or has the world reached a turning point?
– Changing demography and a scarcity of labour
What is driving better wellbeing?
There are growing examples but the ones we’ve talked about are not run of the mill.
This also points to the shifts that may feel disparate for now but many seemingly unconnected shifts eventually find their connection.
1) More conscious investment /more conscious investors
2) Workers take the upper hand
3) Equality – recognition of need
4) Innovation -leading to collaboration